Nonprofit health and wellness organizations champion healthy communities and encourage health equity, especially in vulnerable, underserved communities.
Of the 190,000 nonprofits in California, many organizations are focused on health and wellness. These California nonprofits deliver an array of services that include:
- Responding to crises of public health.
- Creating educational programs to promote healthier lifestyle choices.
- Addressing disparities in healthcare.
- Researching epidemiology in preparation for outbreaks of viruses, bacteria, and communicable diseases.
- Working with local agencies and government to mold public health policies.
Today, we’ll explore some of the best nonprofit organizations in California, specifically nonprofits in southern California dedicated to health and wellness.