Combining Prozac and alcohol is inadvisable and potentially dangerous. Prozac, the brand-name version of the generic drug fluoxetine, is an antidepressant prescribed for long-term symptom management.
As an SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor), Prozac acts on neurotransmitters in the brain to help individuals with depression and anxiety. While many people tolerate Prozac well with minimal side effects, the medication is not without risks. This guide highlights the following key issues:
- Can you drink while on Prozac?
- Can you drink on Prozac on a special occasion?
- What are Prozac and alcohol blackouts?
- Can Prozac and alcohol kill you?
- How to connect with dual diagnosis treatment for alcoholism and depression in Southern California.